Sunday, June 7, 2009

Three Weeks Old

Arizona is now three weeks old. She has come a long way. She let Andy and me scratch her today. She seems sure of herself and is quite curious. We had left the garage (hay barn) doors open and when I looked out she was in there poking around. Sundown doesn't like going in there. Her hair is soft, not like horse hair, it feels as fuzzy has it looks. She's dirty from rolling but I don't think she's ready for having the hose turned on her. She's drinking from a bucket now. She's sticking her face in the water anyway, she may be drinking. Since horses don't lap water like a dog it's hard to tell if anything is going in. If Arizona were a giant horse, like some we know, then you could see the vortex created by the massive sucking force. Her dainty little lips just make little ripples.


Lisa was cleaning the carpet in the front room so all the furniture was piled in the family room. Lenny saw this as an opportunity.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, Arizona is much too cute. She's so tiny!

    And I love Lenny like there's no tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last picture of uncle Jim and Lenny, "A man and his Cat see eye to eye!" LOL.
    Arizona is soo cute. I want one now! Foal that is, I would be so afraid of breaking or Phoenix stepping on a foal that size- that or loosing it in the feild! I'll have to bred Jazz to a QH for a Quarb foal. won't be as cute as Arizona but stil fluffy. I love the fluffy foal fur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arizona is sure a cutie!! I am glad she is getting friendly with everyone. Andy and Jim have been sucked in to the feel of foal fuzz now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.