Friday, December 17, 2010

Ice Storm

This one wasn’t as epic as the 2009 ice storm but it was pretty good. The power stayed on the whole time so we didn’t need to drag out the generator.

DSCF4228 The girls could walk on top of the ice without breaking through to the snow underneath. They did slip and slide more than we did.

DSCF4230 Ice on the pine tree.

DSCF4231

DSCF4239 We left the truck out because there was a big drift in front of the tractor port. I got the ice off after heating the windshield with the defroster and breaking it with the scraper. I had to go down the hill to feed and water the ram and breeding ewes. Heidi got some grain too. I made it back up on the second try. I’ll try breaking it up with the tractor tomorrow. The weatherman says we won’t break freezing before Christmas so this stuff will be here for a while.

Checking out the ice, also known as playtime for the girls.

3 comments:

  1. I'll bet that was fun with the truck! My poor truck is still covered, we only cleared ma's car so dad could take it to work. I love watching the girls run on top of the snow, it's cute! My girls can't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of snow and ice, it looks way too cold!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.