Thursday, September 20, 2012

Corner Post

I have today and tomorrow off since I worked over the weekend.  Today we put in the first corner of the turn around. It will also support the gate to that pasture.

 Lisa canned some more tomato chunks.

 There are so many tomatoes in the garden we don't like seeing them go to waste. These will be nice to have in the winter.

 Clear sky and a crescent moon. It got down to 42 degrees here last night. 44 is the forecast for tonight.

 It warmed up to near 70 by this afternoon. We dug the holes with the auger and then cleaned them out.

 We took turns on the post hole digger.

 I parked the tractor and came back down on the four wheeler. It's nice having the four wheeler on these jobs so we can run up to get things from the house. This time I forgot to bring the level. It's always something.

 Speedy was dancing around so I brought him some grain when I went up to get the level.

 I had walked around the cattle trailer to get a better angle. Speedy didn't like me sneaking around.

 Just three posts but they are important ones. The fence will go perpendicular from the driveway here for about 50 feet then turn 90 degrees to the left.

 Andy is coming over tomorrow to cut notches for the cross pieces. I'll put in the tension wire and we'll hang the field fence on it this weekend. We're getting close to having this pasture open for business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.