Saturday, July 6, 2013

Slab

Andy and Heather came over today to help mix the concrete for the slab. It took 22.5 bags at 80 pounds each. 

Photos are by Heather.

 Heather brought her big wheel barrow.

  We had our old regular size barrow.

 You can see the rain in this picture. That's why we pulled both trucks into the garage. Andy met us at Lowe's and we put half the concrete in his truck. We bought 25 bags which is 2000 lbs.

 Andy has done concrete before.

 It didn't take long to mix it all with all the help.

 I was filling voids behind the screed.

 The Lowe's concrete calculator said we would need 21 bags so we stopped there and leveled it. We only had to add another bag and a half.

 Andy took off his shoes because of all the mud.

 Lisa thinks he just liked the feeling of mud squishing between his toes.

 I had on boots. I had enough mud between my toes when I did the form.

 I think it came out pretty good. It has a broom finish on it now for friction.

 Paige.


2 comments:

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.