Monday, February 23, 2015

Snow Plow Fail

After it snowed on Monday it got cold. The snow didn't melt, of course, so on Thursday we called a snow plow to come clear the driveway. Our 4x4 truck wouldn't make it and the 4 wheeler could barely make it, but surely a snow plow wouldn't have a problem. Right?

 The plow made it about 1/4 of the way up the hill and slid backward. It was dark and the driver didn't see the culvert. It has melted a lot now and you can see the cracked corner post. The wire is good so it will wait until spring.

 He backed over the edge and got stuck. I went down with our truck and pulled him out. After he left I couldn't make it back up the hill so I left the truck at the bottom and positioned it so Lisa could walk down to it in the morning and drive to town. We were running low on supplies by then.

 We had put hay out for the sheep on Friday. The tractor was sliding around so I left it in the shed.

  I walked down to put out cattle hay today. The snow had melted enough to get it back up the hill.

 After I parked the tractor I brought the truck down to see if it would make it back up. No problem now. It just didn't like the 3 to 4 foot drifts uphill.

 The sheep and llamas got food.

 The places where we shoveled and where the wind blew the snow has mostly melted clear. The girls use the paths.

 There is mud to replace the snow.

  Snow cat.

 Paige.

2 comments:

  1. I love the snow pictures! I think the girls need another path from the "patch" to the path that goes out to the barn. Then, they wouldn't have to walk all they way back to the garage to get into the house. Hi Leo! Hi Paige!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.