Sunday, December 5, 2021

First Hay Day

Heather has had hay out for the horses but it's the first for the sheep. They still have grazing but it's been getting cold with hard freezes. 

I brought over three bales. Two went in the barn.

The cows noticed the hay. They were not pleased.

I'll probably move the bales over to the side next to the wall.

I'll put them where the tractor is so I can get to the loft without climbing on the bales.

The trailer will have to stay outside until spring.

Llamas and horses

Speaking of the loft. I had this 3/4 inch sheet of plywood so I cut it into 3-1/2 inch strips. I'll fasten those to 2x4s and put them in next to the existing 2x4 stringers in the loft. It should make it considerably stronger.

There was a piece of milled plywood left over from when Andy worked at the cabinet shop. I clamped it on to use as a fence to guide the circular saw.

It worked. I did nine pieces, one for each stringer.


Remember Fun Bobby?

He's getting big. Ivy is hanging in there. She is now officially retired.

Fun Bobby's sister Peaches is looking good.

She'll make a good ewe.

We'll be blocking off the upper 3/4 of the feed pasture. The cows tear up the hillside so they will remain off of it. We're going to string a shock tape to keep them out.

I got started on the charger installation by pounding in the grounding rod.

The rod is 10' long. I was amazingly able to get it all the way in the ground without hitting any rocks.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.