Friday, March 18, 2022

The Spring is Here

 I skipped winter and came straight to spring. Since we had the wettest and snowiest winter of all time we didn't get much interesting content. You can only take so many pictures of snow, mud and wet dogs. Now it's spring. The weather is warm, the mud is drying and things will start to happen.

I started working on the berry cage. It's Cathryn's old chicken tractor and I'm going to use it to protect the berries from the birds.

The first step was tilling along the outside edges.

I used fence boards to border the planting area. The inner boards haven't been fixed in place yet. I need to trim them so the lip of the door fits over them. After they bloom we'll put bird blocker netting over the wire.

Lisa picked up two blueberries and two blackberries. I think I'll get a couple of raspberries too.

I got a new tool cabinet at Harbor Freight. I put the swivel castors on the wrong end so I'll need to swap them so it will slide into the space better.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.