Friday, January 13, 2012

Speedy Likes Me

It was the first real winter weather we've had. Not much accumulation of snow but it was bitterly (or brutally?) cold and windy. The sheep usually wander down the hill mid-morning to graze or munch on hay. Today they wouldn't leave the barn so a little after noon I went down on the four wheeler and gave them some grain and loosened the hay for them. This freed up the barn so Lisa could go out and feed the calves. It's almost impossible to feed the calves if the sheep are up there helping.

Speedy has lightened up quite a bit since it got cold and we've started feeding them. Maybe he doesn't see us as intruders now. I still don't like turning my back on him. He's fast and moves silently, has sharp talon like hooves and weighs over 300 lbs. He jumped on my back once and knocked me down, so now I respect his space and keep an eye on him. He's cute though.


I pulled some hay down for the sheep. 

It was a little chilly out.

We had a trace of snow.


3 comments:

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.