Friday, June 14, 2013

Carport Work and Strawberries

We've got some work done on the new carport. We ordered the metal today for the roof. Hopefully we'll have at least part of it up this weekend.

 The strawberries are good. We're getting some every day still. Eating them too!

 I trimmed off the tops of the posts with the chainsaw.

 I notched the tops to receive the 2x6 beam. I didn't use the chainsaw for that, I used the circular saw. Lisa sanded the posts and painted the beams and rafters. Painting is easier on the ground using saw horses.

 Metal joist hangers for the rafters.

 We got them all put up. Piper was being a construction dog.

 Flowers.

 All the rafters. Paris wouldn't stop doing that so I took the picture anyway.

 Hurricane clips on both sides of each rafter. I started putting up the purlins today.

 Hi Paige.

 Paige.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose the strawberries will all be gone by the time we get there in July. :-( The new carport is looking good!

    Hi Paige!
    P.S. Right now, Piper is gracing my computer desktop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.