Monday, September 22, 2014

The Loft

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'll still try to do better.


 I've had several request for more detail on the new mower. It's a commercial Husqvarna with a 26hp Briggs and Stratton motor. We got it from Advanced Turf Equipment in Winchester. The owner delivered it and gave me instructions on using it and maintaining it.

 It has a 52" cutting deck which is 2 inches smaller than our old mower. This one fits through our gates better and it mows twice as fast. The deck is suspended on chains and floats freely over uneven terrain. We have lots of uneven terrain.

 It cuts really well. I mowed the front pasture yesterday.


The gate opener is installed. It's awesome!

 The actuator and solar panel. We got the pin lock you see on the close end of the actuator arm. It's a straight shaft padlock that replaces the drop pin and cotter to prevent theft. Apparently people steal those things. Who knew?

 I got the keypad installed too. The code is 1155. It isn't a secret code but they didn't sell just a plain button opener. I found out when I installed it that any button switch would have worked. The documentation didn't mention this fact.

 Piper and her bff.

 Lisa sorted the lambs. These are the rams she's keeping. They'll supplement Stevie, plus she wanted a dorper ram.

 Harry is the big blond guy on the left. Bill is the dorper ram on the right with the black knees. They're staying in the barn while Lisa trains them to walk on a lead.

 The rest of the ram lambs are out in Stevie's pasture. Stevie is trying to get to a ewe through the rusty gate.

 Stevie ran them around a little then llama asserted her dominance. They're calm now.

 Natalie helped Lisa feed the animals when she was here with Jennifer. The pic is a little blurry but you can see her big smile.

 The tomatoes are still coming.

 Tinks waiting patiently while Lisa picked the tomatoes.

 One tomato bin full. She's been canning. We have salsa, pizza sauce, pasta sauce and chili base. All delicious.

We got a solar powered security light for the shed.

  LED and motion sensor.

 I got the loft started last weekend.

 The beams and rafters. It's all lumber left over from building the shed.

 I got the rafters toe-nailed and the decking in today.

 It came out pretty good. It wasn't square because James built the shed around our old center posts. They had warped and shifted in the two years they were standing in the weather. His new posts are all true and plumb but the center wall is a little off. I had to make some interesting cuts on the plywood.

 The rest of the leftovers. I'll be storing it in the loft.

 Paige smiling at Satin.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post! Do you like the new automatic gate? It looks wonderful! No more getting out in the rain and snow to open the gate. Did you name the dorper ram after anyone in particular?

    Hi Paige! Such a sweet smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the new gate. You can go in or out without getting out in the dark, the mud, the rain. It is wonderful. The blond ram, I was calling Blondie. Jim and Andy said I couldn't call him Blondie because that was Debbie Harry. So he became Harry and then the dorper was William. Jim calls him Bill. I can't imagine why!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.