Sunday, October 1, 2017

Poppy in a Onesie

It was nice weather all weekend. Highs were in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s. Nice for working outside. I got the pond pasture mowed. The grass was pretty high so I used the bush hog. Last time I mowed it I had used the zero-turn.
It's the pasture on the left.



















Lisa picked up a new boot cleaner brush. It has screw holes so you can fasten it to your porch. I didn't want to make it that permanent so I screwed it to a couple of rough cut oak boards. Other than mounting the boot brush, today I split firewood. I did have to straighten up the wood shed. It was still a mess from the last trailer load. I got about 3/4 of a face-cord done today. I'm a little worried about the logs I have stored under the edge of the shed roof. The rain splashes on the bottom row and since that side faces north the sun never hits them and they stay wet for a long time. Hopefully they haven't rotted. When I get those processed I plan to put some metal over there to keep it dry. We should still have plenty for this winter but by next year we may be needing to load up again.
The old boot brush was falling apart.

I used two boards so you could stand on it to hold it in place.





































Poppy got wounded a few days ago. She has a big cut on her back, we aren't sure how she got it. She is quite active and could have run into something. One of the other dogs may have bitten her. They usually can't catch her but may have thought she wasn't as cute as we think she is and got lucky. It's healing but the others are licking it and now that it is drying it must itch because Poppy is trying to lick it. So we got her a onesie. Lisa measured her. It doesn't snap because of her tail and it's a little loose in the butt area. Baby butts are fatter than dog butts. We're hoping it will keep her and them away from the wound.
It's purple and says "I Pooped" on it. (Or something,
I don't actually remember)




















Riley is one of the foster Shelties. She is energetic and happy. She loves to play and runs around the yard. She doesn't chase the ball here but I think she would on her own. Poppy and Luna are loud and take ball playing very seriously. Riley is affectionate and wants to please. She is looking for her forever home but she is happy and welcome here until the right one comes along.
Riley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.