Thursday, September 28, 2017

Leverage

Andy came over on Tuesday to help Lisa load out the lambs for auction. They had thirty of them in the trailer. 1600 lbs of lamb. The auction went okay. The price was lower than previous years, but we usually go in October. 

Meanwhile, Lisa got the mower tire fixed. The mower was still up on the trailer so Andy put the tire back on for me while he was here. Tonight when I got home the plan was to mow around where the trailer goes then park the trailer with the 4-wheeler. The truck is hard to maneuver in the tight spaces and I was only going a short distance. When  I first tried it the angle was too steep facing down hill and the deck got caught on the ramp corner. I pulled the trailer across the driveway to get a better angle. The angle helped, sure. Apparently, the mower with me on it weighs more than the 4-wheeler. Being parked in front of the surveillance camera was just lucky. I didn't get the mowing done after all. When the mower deck got caught it bent something and the blade was hitting it. It was too dark to see by that time so I'll have to fix it tomorrow.









1 comment:

  1. pretty sunset behind you though!! thats what i kept looking at!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.