Sunday, September 24, 2017

Mower Flat

I waited around but the grass didn't mow itself. I got most of the mowing done and took the mower into the lamb pasture barnyard. The weeds were pretty high in there and I wanted to mow it since Andy and Lisa are loading the lambs on Tuesday. It looked so nice I went into the ewe pasture to mow around their water tank and the hay rack. The weeds were high in there and after the first pass I was going back over it from the opposite direction and I bumped into the end of a corral panel. That mower is a heavy duty commercial grade mower and I bump into stuff all the time. This time the receiver for the corral panel pin caught the wheel rim and ripped the valve stem out. I didn't want to drive it with a flat tire so I walked up and Lisa came with me in the truck. We loaded it on the trailer and I pulled off the tire. She's going to take it to the tire shop on Monday to get it fixed. 

Flat tire.



















Closer view



















Hole where the valve stem is supposed to be.
See the scratch where the pin receiver hit in just the right spot.




















I looked for the stem because I thought if it had just popped out
I could shove it back in.
It was broken.





















I didn't want to drive on the flat tire so we brought the mower
up the hill on the trailer. Lisa is going to drop it off at
Paynter's Tire shop in the morning.





















Tinks

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.