Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Loaded

We were a little worried about getting Nike on the trailer. He was healthy and looked good but let's just say his driveway doesn't quite reach the road. Lisa got him in the catch pen and had him moved to the back of the trailer when I got down there. He got turned around a couple of times but when he was facing the right way I zapped him with the cattle prod a few times and he jumped in. He actually loaded pretty fast compared to some. We got to the meat packers before noon and they don't accept delivery until after 1:00 pm. We had given ourselves plenty of time.

Nike in the trailer before we left.

Flemingsburg Meat Packers, his final destination. He weighed in at 1500 pounds.

When we got back from Flemingsburg I mowed the pond pasture. The battery in the zero turn was dead so I put it on the charger while we ate lunch. 

I stopped for a selfie behind the pond. I like the view from up there.

About 2/3 done.

Fully mowed. I did the front yard too. It still needs some trimming.

Baby cherries. If they don't fall off we'll have a good batch this year. 


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.