Monday, August 24, 2009

Finishing Heidi's Fence

I got the rest of Heidi's shock wire installed today. It does seem to be working. We watched her testing how close she could get to it. After it got her a couple of times she stayed clear. I had to try it to see if it hurts. It feels like a strong static electricity shock. Of course I didn't have four hooves grounding me to complete the circuit so a horse would get a stronger jolt. After my last post I had several hundred people ask how an electric fence works. Click Here for a good explanation.
Bill is doing a good job scaring the birds away. We have more tomatoes than we can eat now. We're eating lots of taco salads and sandwiches with tomato slices.
The corn came in too. We've had corn on the cob for dinner a few times. It's the white and yellow sweet corn. Very good.
I had to clear out around the fence first. There was just this small section to do behind the barn. We ran out of daylight on Saturday and I had a work emergency that took all day Sunday. I had today off since I worked yesterday.
Hanging the tape on the insulators.
Posted by Picasa

Attaching the end to the last post. They have a special connector clamp you can buy for this. I used a half-hitch knot.
Cutting the tape for the gate entry.
The gate entry handle. Don't touch the metal parts, they will shock you. I know this for a fact.
Lisa was putting fly ointment on Arizona. Everyone had to come and see.
I had the camera out. We must always bark at the camera, it's a rule.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Heidi sounds like she *loves* her new fence. very much so!
    Wonder what the mini's think of it, probably not as happy with it if they could reach it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was a beautiful day to finish the fence.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.