Saturday, March 30, 2013

Shemp Comes Home

Lisa went up to Halsey's to pick up Shemp yesterday. They got him done pretty fast. His weight on the hoof was 170 lbs. That makes him the biggest one we've taken in yet.

 That's him all packaged up and in the freezer. He belongs to Anne, she'll be here next week to pick him up. We have plenty of other meat in there so we promise not to eat any.

  Flemingsburg called yesterday when Lisa got back from Wolfe County to tell her that the bacon was ready a day early. She went up there today to pic it up. There is a lot of ham and bacon. It finished filling the small freezer.

 Lisa was cleaning out bunny cages today, the proceeds went in the garden. She wasn't making a shrine for it, the panels are to keep curious little dogs out.

 I pulled down the old shock tape this afternoon. We're going to use it around the garden to keep out curious little dogs. We're going to put some low in hopes of keeping out the wild rabbits.

 Martha was clucking at me when I first came out. She settled down after a while. She's the one standing with her ears back.

 Speedy pinned his ears at me for a while so I picked up a big branch and broke it into a llama stick. He relaxed eventually and posed for a picture.

 A bucolic afternoon.

 I went down first and unhooked all the insulators and laid the tape on the ground.

 On the way back up I pulled off all these tape insulators. After that I rolled up the old tape.

 Alley didn't notice me until I was most of the way back up the hill. She shrieked at me and bounced over.

 Bonnie came over to see what all the shrieking was about.

 Naturally Alley had to stick her head in the bucket and knock it over.

 Paige.

 You can't have too much Paige.

1 comment:

  1. Love the llama pictures and Paige too. Definitely can't have too much Paige, or any of the girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.