Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lawn Work

The weather has been nice so we've been working out in the yard. The grass had grown a lot since the mowers broke. The parts came in this week so I got them fixed. The riding mower turned out to have a bad wire which I had to troubleshoot when the new solenoid didn't fix it.

I noticed that the hour meter and headlights weren't working when the key was in the on position. The ignition was connected because we could start by jumping the solenoid. I traced the wires and there were three broken ones in the engine cover near the headlights. I thought they were just the headlight wires and didn't think that would keep the tractor from starting. In the bundle was a third black wire that connected with the headlight black wire. Looking at the wiring schematic, the third black wire is the common ground for the key start switch, hour meter and headlights among other things. It seemed important. I replaced the wires and it started right up.

 I need to mow the pastures. Speedy liked Andy's picture so much he was trying to duplicate it. The original.

 The young chicks like using the stall. I think they feel safe in there.

 They don't mind that sheep have moved in.

 Wild birds kill themselves in the water tanks sometimes.

  It requires cleaning when something dies in your water.

 We got all the lawn mowed. I put weed cloth around the forsythia bushes.

 Paige.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, look at you being all engineery and stuff. Bill will be proud.

    Hi Paige!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.