Saturday, January 30, 2010

It’s a Dry Cold

The snow was done by late this morning. It was breezy and cold the rest of the day but the humidity was low so the snow stayed powdery. We went out and made our usual rounds. They never got around to clearing the roads so they stayed slippy. This afternoon a guy ran off the road into our fence, the new fence in the bottom pasture. It didn’t break but it has a couple of dents in it so it is un-stretched and needs repairing. I went down and got his insurance information. I was in a hurry to get down there before he drove away, I forgot to grab the camera.

 100_7402 The girls got to play in the snow.

100_7407 Satin was rooting around in the snow.

DSCF2837 We got a new hay bale yesterday.

DSCF2850 The van is in the garage all warm and snow-free.

DSCF2852 I went over to check the pond run-off gully for erosion. It looked okay but I need to go back when the snow melts.

DSCF2860 It was a nice wintery walk anyway.

DSCF2862 The pond is covered in ice. I didn’t walk out on it to check if it was thick.

DSCF2877 The minis were happy to have a visitor in their pasture.

DSCF2881 They got over it quickly and ran back to the walnut grove.

DSCF2886 There is far less wind down there.

DSCF2888I like the neck gaiter. It’s too warm unless you’re going to be out for a while, then it is wonderful.

I was pretending to be Bear Grylls. He does this angle a lot on “Man vs. Wild”. I didn’t bring my rucksack and paracord but I did have a big knife with me. I opted for the peanut butter sandwich for lunch instead of looking for grubs to eat and I drank a Coke Zero instead of my own urine. So basically my imitation of Bear Grylls began and ended with the camera angle.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Satin with the snowy nose and of the mini's playing in the snow. I also like your Bear Grylls impression. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful pictures. You guys got snow, we got ice.
    Maybe one day Keira can see real snow!LOl Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.