Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cheeky Breakfast

We had some jowl bacon for breakfast on Sunday. Yes, we ate hog jowls.

 It looks like bacon. The slices are wider and shorter than belly bacon.

 The meat packer asked if we wanted the jowl bacon. We said yes.

 It smelled great cooking. It stuck to the pan a little and the texture was a little different than your regular bacon. It was delicious!

 Paige.

 I had to modify the chain drag. I used an old piece of angle steel that I found by the pond a few years ago.

 It was six feet long so I had to cut it down to size. It had some welded brackets on the ends so I had to make two cuts.

 Next I drilled five holes to receive the drag hooks. The WD-40 was to lubricate and cool the drill bits.

 I added the piece of angle to hold the back of the drag down. The hooks were catching on the ground causing the ends to bounce back and get tangled. It wasn't hard to untangle but think about what it drags through. It will be better not needing to handle it so often.

 Paige.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.