Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cleaning the Marlin .22

During my spare time today I cleaned the Marlin Model 25. It hadn't been cleaned since before 1994 so it was a little grubby.


See all the dust and animal hair.

The rust wasn't as bad as it looks.

It came apart easy.

The scope was a mess.

This is after the cleaning. It cleaned up pretty good. I ordered some new magazines for it. We can target practice when they come in.

I went out to the garage to get gun cleaning supplies and found this knife. I knew I had it but it was always dirty and dull. I'm going to restore it. Might have to replace the leather sheath.

8 comments:

  1. That is a very nice collection of knives and guns you got there. I am a girl and don't know much about that kind of stuff!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always look better after a good cleaning. Work better, too. Is the Winchester next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having a lot of fun. It looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, pretty. Are guns "pretty"? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marianne, you might just discover the gun thing is hereditary in you too! Jennifer has a sharp shooter ribbon to go with her airborne one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes hereditary! lol. I'll bet you're a good shot too! I'm pretty good, both with my guns and with my truck! Though I haven't gotten any deer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dad always says I am a pretty good shot, but I am not sure if he actually means that or if he is just trying to be nice. LOL!!!

    Kathy, I am not sure if a gun can be classified as "pretty"

    ReplyDelete
  8. They certainly can!! I have a very pretty 7mm, light walnut color.. It's a beautiful piece. And Heather's .257 is a very ornate family heirloom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.