Saturday, January 17, 2009

It's Cold Outside

It got down below zero yesterday. It was all the way back up to zero when we got up. Today wasn't as bad, it was 3 above this morning and got up to 32ยบ. The mud is still frozen so it isn't as messy to walk around outside.


Cold. Negative zero sounds kind of weird to me. I was suiting up to go outside.

Had to get more hay and fill the trough.

Since the mud was frozen I moved the trailer over to the side yard. Cathryn is coming tonight so she needed room to park.


In case you're wondering I collect knives. I prefer the assisted opening knives like this one. It came today. It's a Tiger 8" Powerful Assisted Opening Knife Silver w/ Wood. It's the first Chinese made knife I've owned in a while. I must say it is a well machined tool. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants a nice spring assist folder. It was only $14.95 with free shipping. I got it on eBay from WhiteMountainKnives.



1 comment:

  1. that's not cold! just add a few layers and you'll be good to go! :) I'm still trying to teach the barn owner to drain the hose after filling the sheep's water bucket so it doesn't freeze(or split!), but so far no go. Drafts are good for riding on ice, slow steady heavy hitting hooves. if she didn't fall through then it's pretty safe to say it's very hard. Have fun!!! We'll send this white stuff southward. We don't need anymore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.