Saturday, August 21, 2021

Burn Pile

The burn pile was getting pretty big and we've had plenty of rain lately so I lit the burn pile today.


While I was waiting for the pile to burn down I collected some of the build up in the shed. 

It was all chunks this time. I took two carts out.

After the pile burned down to where it was safe to leave it alone I mowed the back yard. We don't usually put the grass clippings on the compost. The back yard has a lot of clover which has a high nitrogen content. Since the actinomycetes are there this should give them something to eat. 

I piled the lawn clippings on top of the two loads from the shed. I expect it to get pretty hot the way it is and break down those clods. I'll knock it over and bury it with the existing compost in a few days. After it sits and stews for a while it should be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.