Saturday, August 7, 2021

New Pasture Day

The ewes got moved into the feed pasture. It was as exciting as ever.

They knew exactly what was up.

The grass is always better in the next pasture.

They all had to try out the area where I took down the gates.

I pulled up the old tarp we had on the ground.

I was getting the ground ready for grass seed. I had help.

All broken up, raked and ready for seed.

I used the pasture mix seed and covered it with cocoanut fabric to protect it. The orange flags are to mark the staples so we can find them later.

It was hot out so they waited in the shade as the cow tub filled.

The ewes having a good time.

My walking companions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.