Sunday, October 3, 2021

Barn Swale

 I got the rest of the dirt hauled off. I put a couple more loads up by the gate. The last one went to fill the washout by the entrance of the sheep catch pen.

It's still choppy up there but the holes are getting filled.

The sheep came over in case it was a moving day.

Remember Bobby?

There were a few high spots in the swale so I fixed the flow. I went down after the rain this afternoon to see if it was flowing.

There was a large rock at the beginning of the swale that made the box blade skip. I dug it out and fixed the flow up there.
I used the dirt I dug out of the high spots to make a berm at the bottom. The blade hadn't cut as deep down there.

The last load went here. I capped it with the flat chunks from the floor of the shed.

We walked down just after it stopped raining.


You can see the river in the pasture.

The swale drained well. I didn't see any water running through the barn.


2 comments:

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.