Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Compost Post

Thousands of you have asked for an update on the compost pile. Okay, hundred of you. Well, tens of you. Fine, nobody asked but here it is anyway. As you know I've been bringing up the organic material that had accumulated in the lower feed pasture barn. There were seven or eight full dump carts. The volume of composting material increased dramatically. I had to merge it into the existing so I piled it up on one side and buried it under the old. Sort of like I did with the horse manure over the summer. 

The new stuff is there on the left. I broke it up some and spread it evenly before I started shoveling. 

I got it mostly covered last night but it started getting dark before I could finish. That and Lisa was making ham fried rice for dinner and it was getting close to dinner time. 
The Britneys have found the compost now and they do good work. I'll let them have it for a few weeks then I'll flip it over again.

It might be a pile of crap but it's my pile of crap.

Sunset and flame bushes.

I had an early meeting today so we took our morning walk at lunchtime. 

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunset! and compost pile looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about asking how the compost pile was doing. Beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.