Sunday, October 24, 2021

Box Blade and Walnuts

I scraped off the sheep hay feeding areas today. They get a build up like the cattle side but not as bad. I use the box blade and scrape it down to the low spot in the ram pasture. Some of it roots in and builds up with silt. The lighter stuff washes away and gets stuck in the fence over the creek. I thought about composting the stuff but it always has pig weed and nettles in it. The composting action would probably kill them but I think I have enough material from other sources.

Tequila has a sheep friend.

I think it's Bunny. She was a bottle lamb so she's friendly. She seems to like Tequila who is very gentle with her. She sniffs her nose and licks her ears through the fence.

The box blade on after I finished and put the rams back in their side.

The track where I dragged the material. I'll have to go down and shovel out the llama dust bowl.

Ready for hay.

I think she's trying to make a cow friend to match her sheep friend. 

I cracked some walnuts.

It's a lot of work to get them out.

I got more than that, not much more.

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.