Sunday, October 10, 2021

Cleanup and Drainage

I got some of the cleanup done from the flood. I was mostly concerned with the gates and the bridge grate so I still need to clear some of the fences.

The debris only filled the cart once.

The husks came off of the floating walnuts easily.

I got another cart full from the black gate and the mesh gate to the ram pasture.

After lunch I went back down and dug a drainage trench along the top of the sheep shed in the front pasture. I dug a weep hole in the back corner so it drains out but there was a river running through it during the flood rains.

Before.

You can see where it's still dark from the rain water. 

It's about four inches and I put the dirt on the inside as a berm.

The berm.

I positioned it so the corral panels would fit.

I sloped the walls so the sheep wouldn't trip in it.

Since I was down there with shovels I moved over to the other barn and pulled out those old posts.

I dug them out and pulled them with the four wheeler.

There is some "organic" material that needs to be shoveled out. I'll work on that tomorrow. I'll need to pull the trailer out to get it all. The compost pile is going to get bigger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.