Monday, July 20, 2009

Did you miss us?

I have three posts today (four counting this one). I apologize for being absent. My computer got a virus and I had to rebuild it. It was the conflicker with a touch of fake antivirus 2009. My computer is always last on the priority list but I did get it done. No real excuse there because I could have used Lisa's computer or the media center, but it did have me busy. I didn't get any pictures while Lisa and her mom were out of town but Andy and I stayed busy this past weekend. We moved the old porch/deck around to the backyard under the kitchen window. Lisa is going to use it as her gardening deck. Andy brought a gardening table down with him on his last trip so it can have a nice place to sit. I cut the brush along the front fence by the road, which still needs to be cleaned up. I'm going to spray herbicide on it after I clean up.

We also spread the gravel out on the side of the garage. Now this should have been photographed. We had rigged up the railroad iron as a drag harrow, you might recall seeing it in a previous post. Andy pulled it behind the four-wheeler but it wasn't digging into the pile enough to spread very much at one time. We thought that it needed to be weighted down more so it would dig in. Yeah, I was the ballast. I stood on the iron as he dragged through the pile. It worked great! We had it all spread out in a lot less time and easier than using a shovel. If you've ever stood on top of a drag harrow acting as ballast while being pulled behind a four wheel drive ATV...you might be a redneck. If we had video it would be viral on YouTube.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! We missed you. Our days were so incomplete while you were missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Every day at lunch I check your blog. My last few days were very dismal without your witty posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did, now i feel the strong need to go back through and comment on every one of them! LOL, too much to try and catch up on in one small time slot. I usually bring my laptop out with me everynight and while i'm making dinner for work I'd check the blogs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.