Saturday, July 10, 2021

Fence Charger

Our electric fence charger stopped working so I brought it in to have a look at it. It has a solar battery charger then emits a high voltage pulse on the wire that surrounds the horse pond pasture. The first problem was the colony of flying ants living in the battery compartment. Then I opened it up. Heather noticed Stormy was rubbing on the wire so we tested it and it wasn't producing a charge. Heather brought hers over and we hooked it up. She tested it and there wasn't a charge so I told her to take off her boots. It had a charge. Then Bryan came over and we all had smoked ribs.

It was full of spiders. The white is their nests.
I cleaned it out and reseated all the electrical connections.  
                                                   

The solar panel was getting around 4 volts from the fluorescent light in the garage.

I covered it with a rag as a control. It got 0 volts covered.
It has a 6 volt battery which tested at around 1 volt. I put it on the solar panel and I'll check it tomorrow to see if it holds a charge now.
I took the big cart out to get horse manure today.

I'm getting a nice heap of dung.

Lisa said all posts must contain at least one dog picture.


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.