Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday. We had a nice time today. Cathryn is here from Hattiesburg. I was technically "at work" today. I couldn't actually do much because no managers were around to approve changes and of course there were no users on so nothing broke. You all realize of course, that computers don't break, users break computers. I monitored a few services and saw that everything was working in case some diligent employee had the need to log in. We watched some TV and I went for a walk. Lisa and Cathryn fed and groomed the horses this morning. We had sausages and rice with broccoli and biscuits for dinner. We were going to have ham but that didn't work out. The ham we got turned out to be bad. The use by date was January 28 2009 so it should have been good. Lisa is going to complain to Walmart tomorrow. We were really looking forward to one of Lisa's famous hams.


On my walk I went over to the new pasture. The fence guys have worked a little between snow and rain storms. They got all of the braces up on the stretcher posts. This set is where the new fence crosses the old fence. You can see that the weather was nice. It was around 40 and sunny with no wind.

The pond is filling up with all the rain.

I found this debris pile down in the lower pasture. We couldn't see it before when the weeds were still high. It's an erosion cut where the runoff from over by the walnut trees finds its way into the creek. Someone used it for a dump. There's old lumber and metal in there and it's a fairly deep hole.

4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I'm glad you all got a break in the rain and snow. Too bad about the ham though. :-( Maybe Lisa can get a new ham out of Wal-Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!!! Too bad there was no snow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays! For a working Holiday, it doesn't look so bad. I would trade you in a heartbeat.

    My mother-in-law visited; it's the first Christmas without her husband (my husband's Dad). We spent the whole time trying to distract her and please her as well, which we thought we were doing well.

    Until we went to my family's on Christmas Day. Then everything we did sucked and she had no qualms in telling my family so.

    I'm glad to be at work (and you know that's saying something).

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, though a few days late. (I've got the house all nice and quiet to myself and the internet is all mine :) ) Make sure dad gets lots of pictures of you guys and the kids(Pawed and hooved alike) I shoudl be able to get down once the horses are on open pasture up here early next summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.