Sunday, May 2, 2021

Bird Firebox

 We had another bird in the chimney this morning. We could hear it in there scratching and flopping. The chimney sweep is coming May 17 so we figured he would clean out it's rotting corpse. I was cooking pork chops on the grill (with teriyaki) and was walking through the living room when I saw movement in the stove. The bird had found its way into the fire box. I got the fish net out of the garage and tried to catch it. The net got hung up on the damper handle and the bird flew out into the house. It saw the light coming in the front door and was throwing itself at the glass. I opened the door and it flew away. Sorry, no pictures.

I got the blocks ready for the new wood racks.

The zero turn is ready to go to the mechanic for the oil leak.

I went down to the gully to pick up fallen branches. Lisa mowed the pasture after I finished. Still jump starting the John Deere but I'll pick up a battery tomorrow when I take in the ZT.

We walked through the pasture since it was mowed. Poppy can smell the gopher that goes in this hole.

Lisa planted the green beans today. The wire panel is to keep the cats out. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.