Saturday, May 22, 2021

Opener Vandals

I'm not sure how it happened but something broke off the gate opener sensor and chewed up the wire. It seems deliberate. First, Lisa found the transmitter out in the field and the wire was hanging loose. Second, I went down and saw the wire hanging and the plug was there but it was mangled. Next time I looked at it the plug had been stripped off and the wires were sticking out of the shielding insulation.  Today it was like this:
It looks like it has been snipped off clean.
Regardless I still had to repair it. I had the old sensor from when the transmitter had gone bad. You have to buy the whole kit so I changed out everything last time but kept the old pieces. I installed it low on the post in case it was the cows chewing on it. 
The wood piece under the conduit is just a standoff so we can get to the transmitter cover.


We had some old chain link fence posts with the concrete still on them. They had been leaning against the back fence for years so I broke off the concrete and took it down to the gully to fill in some gaps.

This tree grew up wild in the fence line out front. It looked like more than a weed so we left it there. It's about three years old. I looked up the leaves in foliage identifier app. It came back as a black cherry. That would be nice. The chickens have had cherries that had gone bad, so it's possible.

We haven't noticed it blooming but it is still young.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.