Sunday, May 2, 2021

Llama Ridge

 Lisa's tractor wouldn't start the other day so I hooked it up to the charger. It hasn't run since last fall so we weren't too alarmed about it. The charger gauge showed 100% when I attached it which was odd. I cleaned the terminals and it still wouldn't start so I just left the charger on it. After a few hours I checked again and it was still dead. I checked it with my multimeter and it went to 5v then dropped. I got out the jump starter and it fired up. Time to buy a new battery.

You can't use it by yourself because you have to get out of the seat to unhook it. The seat switch cuts off the motor when you get up.

The bathroom mirror came off in my hand the other day. The top bracket broke and the bottom one broke from the stress. I caught it before the mirror fell so my good luck is still intact.


I glued it back on with epoxy.


Next I put extenders on the two short firewood racks. I got some steel ties and screws at Lowe's. I used some 2x4 scraps I had. 
These will give it about 15 more inches of height.

They seemed pretty strong.

I was able to locate some firewood to test them out. I got another four wheel barrow loads on it.


I put some extenders on this rack too. 

We still have wood in the staging area. The pre-staging area too.

Next I went down and mowed the creek bottom. The zero turn is leaking oil so we'll need to take it to the shop this week.
Before

After

The cows seemed to appreciate the mowed pasture.

I must have hit something smelly with the mower. Poppy found it and promptly rolled in it.

Sometimes lambs walk on their moms.

I picked up the stuff to build two more firewood racks. Rack space is becoming prime real estate around here.

It was a long day and I was relaxing on the back porch. The girls were hanging out with me.

Look close

There it is

A llama ridge

1 comment:

  1. My battery was dead too, I just bought a new one yesterday. On most lawn tractors, you can set the parking brake and it will start without someone in the seat. Not sure if you have tried that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.