Saturday, May 8, 2021

Tunnel

I made pretty good progress on the drainage upgrade today. I remember tunneling under the driveway in Port St. John many years ago. It was about 12 feet and took me less than half an hour. That was Florida and it was sand. The 30 inch sidewalk took a lot longer than 30 minutes. This is Kentucky and it is not sand.

I laid everything out and decided I needed to modify the catch basin.
The white PVC has to go under the sidewalk.

It only had two holes.

So I cut a third hole. This one is for the downspout ingress.
I had to dig the trench to take the length of the pipe first so it could go under at the right angle. Downhill is to the left.

It took a while but I got it. You can  see the 4-wheeler through the hole. I had to bring it in to pull the steel signpost I was using to break up the clay and gravel under the sidewalk. It got stuck a couple of times. Probably because I was hitting it with a sledge hammer.


I'll put the stone in tomorrow. It wsa supposed to rain tonight and I wanted to watch the water drain out before burying it.

There is still some finish work left but the hard part should be over.

Cat pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.