Sunday, May 30, 2021

Hog Broke

I went down to mow the big cow pasture today. "Mow" is a little generous. The grass is high so I was bush hogging it. When I was on the second pass the lift screw for the back wheels broke off which made the deck slam to the ground. I had to disconnect the PTO and raise the front as high as it would go with the draw bar. Then I dragged it back to the house through the sheep pasture. I didn't want to take it on the asphalt because it was dragging metal.

Tall fescue is tall.


I needed to get that back in the collar.

It actually broke in front of the collar. I had already backed the front part out most of the way.

Lisa helped me place blocks while I used a post to lever it up. This allowed me to pry the wheels down so I could insert the lift screw back into the collar.

I had to move the stop up to the pivot yoke. 

I didn't get the deck high enough so the blades were too low in the high grass. It broke the sheer bolt. I'll need to jack it up a few more inches and drill another hole in the lift screw and move the stop up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.