Sunday, June 13, 2021

Cut up

Lisa got home today! It was lonely out here without her. The ground was still sloppy so I didn't get any mowing done. I got the big branch cut and hauled to the burn pile. 

 

The sheep gathered again for snacks.

Andy was over yesterday to get the trailer. He helped me flip the old wood deck. I'm going to salvage the lumber. Most of the stringers are in good shape. The deck boards are dry and brittle on top and the nails are rusty. That makes them hard to pry up without breaking them. I can hit them with a sledgehammer from the back and they come off in one piece. 

Heather was over yesterday to pick up the other trailer. She picked a gallon of cherries. A couple of the branches lifted back up after Heather left. 
You can see the branches on the right tree are standing back up.
 
I cut some bamboo for cucumber and tomato stakes. We use it because we have an infinite supply.
They come from the factory with little branches and leaves.
 
Poppy and I break off the branches.

There should be enough to last for a while.

I worked on the barn drainage some more. The ditch drains to the back okay. I definitely need to put some tile pipe in there and level it off with rock. 

It's too steep sided to leave open.

I scraped a little furrow across the floor to help it drain off so it will dry.

It's hard to see but I piled the dirt from the ditch across the opening to make a berm. Hopefully the berm will help keep the water on the outside when it runs off the roof.



Tequila is a happy dog.


1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.