Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Hog Weld

Lisa took the lift crank screw into I-64 Tractor yesterday to find a replacement. They didn't have one but the mechanic said he could cut off the long threaded section and weld it onto the handle shaft. It fit and I was able to get the deck lifted to a good height with some threads left over.
It's about 4 or 5 inches shorter. 

The weld looks good and deep so hopefully it will hold.
 
When I put the shaft in it screwed all the way to the bottom of the threads before the stop collar matched up with the hole. Fully screwed in the deck was lower than I would ever need. Where I have it set here is about 5 inches higher than I usually mow. It will be a good level for the deep grass in the upper cow pasture.


The shorter shaft changed the angle of the deck so I had to adjust the lower adjustment to level it out. It should be close, the wood/tractor port is about the flattest spot we have.
It should cut now. It should be dry enough by Saturday. 

New shear bolt.

New shaft bolt and set screw.

Tequila is doing better on walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.