Saturday, June 19, 2021

Smoked Butts

I got the smoker put together this morning. The directions were not too bad and there were no extra parts. After it was done I put it through the seasoning cycle and we put two Boston butt roasts on it for its maiden voyage. We had it on low so they took all day.

It helped having everything laid out.

There weren't many moving parts. The mechanism was a black box bolt-on. 

It would have been better for us if the hopper and motor were on the other end.

Applewood pellets.

Pellet hopper.

Smoking.

Butts.

After the meat was on the smoker I went about regular tasks. I tightened up the tomato cages and added some bamboo and welded wire. The wind has been knocking the bamboo off so I lashed it down with baling string. Lisa had been mowing the middle pasture so I went out and did some of it while she was doing something else. When I got to the bottom I was reminded of the fallen tree I was supposed to cut out. So I parked the mower and brought the chainsaw down.
It dropped more and was actually on the fence.

I thought I should have cut that other little one that is bending over.
But I had already packed up when I noticed it.

They got snacks again.

We had taken down the panels that where blocking the aisleway in the Reese pasture. The four foot panel had got left behind and the cows knocked it down. I put it over the fence and never went back for it. It eventually fell and got overgrown with grass. I found it mowing today. I just missed hitting it with the blades. When I took Poppy and Luna down to do waters we went out and retrieved it. I carried it, Poppy and Luna just barked an bit at it.
They got to run around in the pasture, some of which was mowed.

Prettiest farm dog contest winner.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. We love lots of comments so come back frequently and tell us what you think.